Voyager Therapeutics is developing life-changing gene therapies for fatal and debilitating diseases of the central nervous system. Voyager is committed to advancing the field of AAV (adeno-associated virus) gene therapy through innovation and investment in vector engineering and optimization, manufacturing and dosing and delivery techniques. The company’s pipeline is focused on severe CNS diseases in need of effective new therapies, including advanced Parkinson’s disease, a monogenic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Huntington’s disease, Friedreich’s ataxia, Alzheimer’s Disease and neuropathic pain.
We are seeking a highly motivated neuroscientist and leader with substantial experience and demonstrated success with early stage drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases and/or neurological disorders such as neuropathic pain to provide biology leadership for advancing our AAV gene therapy programs. This is an ideal position for an individual who is energetic and thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary small biotech company environment. This role reports to the Vice President, Research and is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Leadership of multiple pre-clinical CNS gene therapy programs
- Development of pre-clinical program plans in research, communication of status and progress, and sharing of expertise with others.
- Leadership of a team of biologists, including PhD level scientists, with a focus on in vivo and ex vivo studies and analysis
- Designing pharmacology, biodistribution and efficacy studies for pre-clinical programs and generation of reports for regulatory submissions
- Management of external collaborations and research studies
- Attendance of relevant scientific conferences to network with academia and industry, and to stay current in relevant research.
- A Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related discipline, with a minimum of 8 years industry experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in industry is strongly preferred
- Extensive experience with neurodegeneration including tauopathies and/or neuropathic pain
- Significant experience and demonstrated scientific leadership with drug discovery and development for neurological disorders, including neurodegenerative diseases
- In-depth familiarity with target validation and lead identification and optimization using molecular, cellular, and in vivo methodologies
- Experience in program/project leadership including project plan generation, time line management and budget planning
- Ability to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Outstanding team player who is able to work effectively across departments and is comfortable working on and prioritizing multiple projects in parallel
- Strong publication record and experience in presenting research internally and externally
- Ability to independently analyze and present data to scientific team
- Experience with biologics drug discovery and development for neurodegenerative diseases
- Experience within a start-up or small biotech environment