Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate
Voyager Therapeutics is developing life-changing gene therapies for fatal and debilitating diseases of the nervous system. Voyager Therapeutics is developing life-changing gene therapies for fatal and debilitating diseases of the central nervous system. Voyager is committed to advancing the field of AAV (adeno-associated virus) gene therapy through innovation and investment in vector engineering and optimization, manufacturing and dosing and delivery techniques. The company’s pipeline is focused on severe CNS diseases in need of effective new therapies, including advanced Parkinson’s disease, a monogenic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Huntington’s disease, Friedreich’s ataxia, Alzheimer’s Disease and neuropathic pain.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Research Associate or Principal Research Associate who shares our passion for the promise of gene therapy. The successful candidate will work with our multidisciplinary team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in preclinical rodent in vivo experiments, who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary start-up biotech environment.
- The individual will be responsible for experimental execution and data analysis for research studies supporting therapeutic programs and platform discovery research.
- Performing test article dosing via various administration routes, brain and tissue collection, and downstream analysis (RT-qPCR, western blot and ELISA).
- Design and execute rodent in vivo experiments including experiments in animal models of neurodegenerative disease
- Performing data analyses and delivering data presentation to teams
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records and proper documentation
- Monitor health, perform behavioral assessments and tissue/blood collection
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience OR a Master’s degree with a minimum of 5-8 years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with performing test article administration in rodent (mouse and rat)
- Experience in neuroscience is required
- Technical proficiency with a wide variety of rodent in vivo pharmacology skills (IV, IP, IM)
- The successful candidate will have extensive prior experience in drug discovery and in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Conducting ex vivo tissue analysis (i.e. ELISA, western blot, RT-qPCR.)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Competency with database, spreadsheet and presentation applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Data entry systems, or similar)